Skip to main content

Southwestern Cobb Salad: by Kimberly

Another favorite of our best bites...

If you're like me, it's hard to get my husband to take me seriously when I say that we are having a salad for dinner. This one did not disappoint! I didn't even use the chicken and it was still very filling.

Salad:
3 slices bacon,cooked and crumbled. I use pre-cooked bacon so it's super quick
cooking spray
8 oz skinless, boneless turkey or chicken breast cut into 1/2 inch pieces*
1/4 tsp salt
8 cups torn romaine lettuce
1/2 C pico de gallo
1/2 C diced avocado
1/2 C (2 oz) crumbled queso fresco (feta makes a good sub, or shredded pepperjack)
1/4 C chopped green onions
1 (15oz) can black beans, rinsed and drained

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chocolate Sour Cream Bundt Cake

I have not posted in a REALLY long time. :( Sorry friends. Life has gotten a hold of me. I am 6 weeks and 1 day away from birthing my 4th and final baby. :) I am happy about this!! VERY! Needless to say an *almost* 6yo boy, 4yo boy, 2yo girl, and soon to be a sweet baby girl has kept me very busy. I hope that once this baby is born and life is on a good routine I will start posting again. I am glad this blog isn't totally left up to me or it would be a failure! Thanks to my Mom, sister, and sister in law for continuing to post.        Ok, I was really wanting to bake a chocolate bundt cake bc I saw a recipe online of one and it made me crave one. I don't know why but I love baking bundt cakes. They are pretty and I don't have to do much of anything to make them that way. And usually they are yummy! But when I went back to find that recipe I couldn't. I, instead, found this one and it really is SO good! Probably my favorite chocolate cake I have ever made. And it is ...

Boy Choy Salad

Dressing: 3/4 cup vegetable oil 1/4 cup red wine vinegar scant 1/2 cup sugar 2 tblsp soy sauce Combine ingredients in jar and shake well to blend. Chill Greens: 1 Large head Bok Choy, coarsely chopped 4 green onions Toss ingredients in a large salad bowl and chill until ready to dress. Crunch: 1/2 cup butter or margarine 2 tblsp sugar 1/2 cup sesame seeds 1 (3oz) pkg. slivered almonds 2 pkgs Raman noodles, crushed Saute all ingredients in melted butter over a low heat.  Stir constantly until browned.  Cool the mixture and sprinkle over salad just prior to pouring on the dressing.

Buffalo Chicken Chili

Hey Friends!! This recipe is super easy and quite good. Beware that it is a little spicy. If you like wings or anything buffalo style then you will like this. Buffalo Chicken Chili Ingredients : 2 chicken breasts (cooked & shredded or raw & whole) I used 3 total. 1/2 bottle Frank's Buffalo Sauce 1 (15.5-oz) can beans (garbanzo, black, pinto, whatever!) I used garbanzo. 1 large sweet onion, chopped 2 (15-oz) can tomato sauce (oops! I think I only used 1 can) 1 can cream-style corn 1 cup salsa 2 jalapenos, seeded and chopped I used sliced jalapenos in a jar. Directions : Dump everything into the crockpot, and stir well. Cook on low for 8-10 hours. If your chicken was raw when you put it in, take it out after about 8 hours, shred it, and then stir it back into the chili. Enjoy!