Skip to main content

Lemon Garlic Chicken

I made this last night.  It was delicious.  These ingredients I have most of the time at my house.  So, I was happy to stumble upon the recipe.  I served it with whole pasta and a salad.  If you haven't noticed, this is one of my favorite cooking blogs.  I've made nothing on here that I didn't rave about - simply wonderful - and most of the time super easy :)! Enjoy: Kimberly

Lemon-Garlic Herb Rubbed Chicken
Recipe by Our Best Bites

1 1/2 tablespoons finely minced or pressed garlic
1 large or 2 small lemons, zested and juiced
1/3-1/2 cup minced fresh herbs, preferably a combo of basil, rosemary, and oregano
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
4-6 tablespoons (or more) extra virgin olive oil
1 1/2-2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts*

*also great on fish and grilled vegetables

Combine garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, herbs, salt and pepper.  Add olive oil until mixture comes together like a thick sauce.  If you have a mini food processor, you can blend the mixture until it becomes the consistency of a chunky pesto.  Rub mixture over chicken and/or vegetables and let sit for 20-30 minutes.  When ready to cook, preheat outdoor grill or indoor grill pan.  Cook a few minutes on each side, turning only once, until done (Internal temp should be about 165 degrees). 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chocolate Sour Cream Bundt Cake

I have not posted in a REALLY long time. :( Sorry friends. Life has gotten a hold of me. I am 6 weeks and 1 day away from birthing my 4th and final baby. :) I am happy about this!! VERY! Needless to say an *almost* 6yo boy, 4yo boy, 2yo girl, and soon to be a sweet baby girl has kept me very busy. I hope that once this baby is born and life is on a good routine I will start posting again. I am glad this blog isn't totally left up to me or it would be a failure! Thanks to my Mom, sister, and sister in law for continuing to post.        Ok, I was really wanting to bake a chocolate bundt cake bc I saw a recipe online of one and it made me crave one. I don't know why but I love baking bundt cakes. They are pretty and I don't have to do much of anything to make them that way. And usually they are yummy! But when I went back to find that recipe I couldn't. I, instead, found this one and it really is SO good! Probably my favorite chocolate cake I have ever made. And it is ...

Boy Choy Salad

Dressing: 3/4 cup vegetable oil 1/4 cup red wine vinegar scant 1/2 cup sugar 2 tblsp soy sauce Combine ingredients in jar and shake well to blend. Chill Greens: 1 Large head Bok Choy, coarsely chopped 4 green onions Toss ingredients in a large salad bowl and chill until ready to dress. Crunch: 1/2 cup butter or margarine 2 tblsp sugar 1/2 cup sesame seeds 1 (3oz) pkg. slivered almonds 2 pkgs Raman noodles, crushed Saute all ingredients in melted butter over a low heat.  Stir constantly until browned.  Cool the mixture and sprinkle over salad just prior to pouring on the dressing.

Buffalo Chicken Chili

Hey Friends!! This recipe is super easy and quite good. Beware that it is a little spicy. If you like wings or anything buffalo style then you will like this. Buffalo Chicken Chili Ingredients : 2 chicken breasts (cooked & shredded or raw & whole) I used 3 total. 1/2 bottle Frank's Buffalo Sauce 1 (15.5-oz) can beans (garbanzo, black, pinto, whatever!) I used garbanzo. 1 large sweet onion, chopped 2 (15-oz) can tomato sauce (oops! I think I only used 1 can) 1 can cream-style corn 1 cup salsa 2 jalapenos, seeded and chopped I used sliced jalapenos in a jar. Directions : Dump everything into the crockpot, and stir well. Cook on low for 8-10 hours. If your chicken was raw when you put it in, take it out after about 8 hours, shred it, and then stir it back into the chili. Enjoy!