Skip to main content

Chocolate Sour Cream Bundt Cake

I have not posted in a REALLY long time. :( Sorry friends. Life has gotten a hold of me. I am 6 weeks and 1 day away from birthing my 4th and final baby. :) I am happy about this!! VERY! Needless to say an *almost* 6yo boy, 4yo boy, 2yo girl, and soon to be a sweet baby girl has kept me very busy. I hope that once this baby is born and life is on a good routine I will start posting again. I am glad this blog isn't totally left up to me or it would be a failure! Thanks to my Mom, sister, and sister in law for continuing to post.
       Ok, I was really wanting to bake a chocolate bundt cake bc I saw a recipe online of one and it made me crave one. I don't know why but I love baking bundt cakes. They are pretty and I don't have to do much of anything to make them that way. And usually they are yummy! But when I went back to find that recipe I couldn't. I, instead, found this one and it really is SO good! Probably my favorite chocolate cake I have ever made. And it is easy! And it is all made from scratch. It is so good my oldest said for his birthday he wanted me to make this instead of ordering him anything. SCORE! Hope you all enjoy as much as we did!


ingredients:

chocolate-sour-cream-bundt-cake1
For the cake:
1 cup unsalted butter, plus more for the pan
1/3 cup cocoa powder (we use Dutch processed)
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 cup water
2 cups all-purpose Gold Medal flour, plus more for the pan
1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
2 large eggs
1/2 cup sour cream (or Greek yogurt)
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
For the chocolate glaze:
4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
1 1/2 tablespoons corn syrup (or agave nectar)
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 1/2 tablespoons granulated sugar

directions:

1. Position a rack in the center of the oven and heat to 350 degrees F. Butter and flour a 10 or 12-cup Bundt pan and set aside.
2. In a small saucepan, combine the butter, cocoa powder, salt, and water and place over medium heat. Cook, stirring, just until melted and combined. Remove from the heat and set aside.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, and baking soda. Add half of the melted butter mixture and whisk until completely blended. The mixture will be thick. Add the remaining butter mixture and whisk until combined. Add the eggs, one at a time, whisking until completely blended. Whisk in the sour cream (or Greek yogurt) and the vanilla extract. Whisk until smooth.
4. Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean, 40 to 45 minutes. Let the cake cool in the pan for 15 minutes and then invert onto a rack. Let cool completely before glazing.
5. While the cake is cooling, make the chocolate glaze. Place the chopped chocolate and corn syrup (or agave) in a medium bowl and set aside. Combine the heavy cream and sugar in a small saucepan and put over medium heat. Stir until the cream is hot and the sugar is dissolved. Pour the hot cream over the chocolate and whisk until smooth.
6. Generously drizzle the glaze over the cooled cake, allowing it to drip down the sides. Cut into pieces and serve.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bulldog Brittle

Apparently this recipe has been around for a long time but until this past Christmas I have never eaten it----loved, loved, loved it!! As always my favorite recipe's are those that are delicious and easy, so here's another one. Donna Bulldog Brittle 8 whole graham crackers 1 cup of chopped pecans 1/2 cup (1 stick) margarine 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter 1/2 cup sugar This is so good and so inexpensive to make that you will probably want to double the recipe. Break crackers into fourths. Place on foiled lined cookie sheet pan, leaving space between crackers. Sprinkle chopped pecans over top of crackers. Melt margarine and butter in boiler. Add sugar, bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Boil exactly 2 minutes, pour over pecans and crackers. Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes. DO NOT BROWN. Let cool and break into pieces.

Yummy Corn Casserole By: Lindsey

Hey ladies! Well, just wanted to let you in on a GREAT recipe that my mother-in-law shared with me. EVERYTIME I make it people go on and on about how much they love it. The other day, at a neighborhood block party(where I knew no one) someone called me the corn girl and asked everyone to give me a round of applause for the corn casserole that I made(and they did). Ha! So, definitely try this one. You will LOVE it! 1 8oz. cream cheese 1 can creamed corn 1 can whole kernel corn(drained) 1 box of jiffy corn bread mix 1 stick of butter Mix all the ingredients together(I would highly recommend using a mixer...not by hand). Spray a small pyrex dish(unless you double the recipe, then use a 9x13). Pour the mixture into the dish. Bake on 400 for 45 min-1 hour. Take out when it is a little brown.

Chess Cake: Lombard Favorite!

I can't believe this wasn't on the blog... Ingredients for cake: 1 box Duncan Hines Butter Cake Mix 1 tsp vanilla 1 stick butter, melted 2 eggs Directions: Mix together and place in an oblong pyrex dish Icing Ingredients: 1 box powdered sugar 1 tsp vanilla 8 oz cream cheese Directions: Mix together and pour over the mixture in oblong dish Bake at 350 for 35 minutes