Skip to main content

Parsley Pesto Breadcrumb Pasta by Ashley

This is so good leftover! Also, I love my iron skillet. I use it for everything. I paired this with a salad and bread. You could even grill chicken and add it and I am sure it would be good.

Ingredients:
Salt
1 pound spaghetti ( i used whole wheat)
2 cloves garlic, chopped or grated (i used jarred garlic)
2 bunches of flat leaf parsley leaves
1/3 to 1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus 3 tablespoons, divided
ground black pepper
1/4 cup of pine nuts (i used 1/2 cup. we love pine nuts)
1/2 cup bread crumbs
zest and juice of 1 lemon
1 cup grated parmesan cheese

Prep:
Boil spaghetti noodles according to package, drain

Parsley Pesto: place garlic and parsley in the bowl of a food processor. add salt and pepper. pulse until roughly chopped. with machine running pour 1/3 to 1/2 cup of EVOO (just enough to make a thick, smooth paste) Reserve

Place a large skillet over medium heat with 3 TBS of olive oil. Add pine nuts and toast lightly. Add bread crumbs, stir to combine until golden and pine nuts are dark golden brown. (2-3 minutes) Add pesto and cook 2-3 minutes. Add the lemon zest and juice and season with pepper. Add the drained spaghetti and parmesan cheese to the skillet and toss.

Comments

Stephanie said…
Eric and I made this last night with bruschetta. It was so yummy! I brought leftovers to work for lunch and can't wait to eat it. The lemon makes this meal!

Popular posts from this blog

Bulldog Brittle

Apparently this recipe has been around for a long time but until this past Christmas I have never eaten it----loved, loved, loved it!! As always my favorite recipe's are those that are delicious and easy, so here's another one. Donna Bulldog Brittle 8 whole graham crackers 1 cup of chopped pecans 1/2 cup (1 stick) margarine 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter 1/2 cup sugar This is so good and so inexpensive to make that you will probably want to double the recipe. Break crackers into fourths. Place on foiled lined cookie sheet pan, leaving space between crackers. Sprinkle chopped pecans over top of crackers. Melt margarine and butter in boiler. Add sugar, bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Boil exactly 2 minutes, pour over pecans and crackers. Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes. DO NOT BROWN. Let cool and break into pieces.

Yummy Corn Casserole By: Lindsey

Hey ladies! Well, just wanted to let you in on a GREAT recipe that my mother-in-law shared with me. EVERYTIME I make it people go on and on about how much they love it. The other day, at a neighborhood block party(where I knew no one) someone called me the corn girl and asked everyone to give me a round of applause for the corn casserole that I made(and they did). Ha! So, definitely try this one. You will LOVE it! 1 8oz. cream cheese 1 can creamed corn 1 can whole kernel corn(drained) 1 box of jiffy corn bread mix 1 stick of butter Mix all the ingredients together(I would highly recommend using a mixer...not by hand). Spray a small pyrex dish(unless you double the recipe, then use a 9x13). Pour the mixture into the dish. Bake on 400 for 45 min-1 hour. Take out when it is a little brown.

Chess Cake: Lombard Favorite!

I can't believe this wasn't on the blog... Ingredients for cake: 1 box Duncan Hines Butter Cake Mix 1 tsp vanilla 1 stick butter, melted 2 eggs Directions: Mix together and place in an oblong pyrex dish Icing Ingredients: 1 box powdered sugar 1 tsp vanilla 8 oz cream cheese Directions: Mix together and pour over the mixture in oblong dish Bake at 350 for 35 minutes