Skip to main content

Parsley Pesto Breadcrumb Pasta by Ashley

This is so good leftover! Also, I love my iron skillet. I use it for everything. I paired this with a salad and bread. You could even grill chicken and add it and I am sure it would be good.

Ingredients:
Salt
1 pound spaghetti ( i used whole wheat)
2 cloves garlic, chopped or grated (i used jarred garlic)
2 bunches of flat leaf parsley leaves
1/3 to 1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus 3 tablespoons, divided
ground black pepper
1/4 cup of pine nuts (i used 1/2 cup. we love pine nuts)
1/2 cup bread crumbs
zest and juice of 1 lemon
1 cup grated parmesan cheese

Prep:
Boil spaghetti noodles according to package, drain

Parsley Pesto: place garlic and parsley in the bowl of a food processor. add salt and pepper. pulse until roughly chopped. with machine running pour 1/3 to 1/2 cup of EVOO (just enough to make a thick, smooth paste) Reserve

Place a large skillet over medium heat with 3 TBS of olive oil. Add pine nuts and toast lightly. Add bread crumbs, stir to combine until golden and pine nuts are dark golden brown. (2-3 minutes) Add pesto and cook 2-3 minutes. Add the lemon zest and juice and season with pepper. Add the drained spaghetti and parmesan cheese to the skillet and toss.

Comments

Stephanie said…
Eric and I made this last night with bruschetta. It was so yummy! I brought leftovers to work for lunch and can't wait to eat it. The lemon makes this meal!

Popular posts from this blog

Chocolate Sour Cream Bundt Cake

I have not posted in a REALLY long time. :( Sorry friends. Life has gotten a hold of me. I am 6 weeks and 1 day away from birthing my 4th and final baby. :) I am happy about this!! VERY! Needless to say an *almost* 6yo boy, 4yo boy, 2yo girl, and soon to be a sweet baby girl has kept me very busy. I hope that once this baby is born and life is on a good routine I will start posting again. I am glad this blog isn't totally left up to me or it would be a failure! Thanks to my Mom, sister, and sister in law for continuing to post.        Ok, I was really wanting to bake a chocolate bundt cake bc I saw a recipe online of one and it made me crave one. I don't know why but I love baking bundt cakes. They are pretty and I don't have to do much of anything to make them that way. And usually they are yummy! But when I went back to find that recipe I couldn't. I, instead, found this one and it really is SO good! Probably my favorite chocolate cake I have ever made. And it is ...

Boy Choy Salad

Dressing: 3/4 cup vegetable oil 1/4 cup red wine vinegar scant 1/2 cup sugar 2 tblsp soy sauce Combine ingredients in jar and shake well to blend. Chill Greens: 1 Large head Bok Choy, coarsely chopped 4 green onions Toss ingredients in a large salad bowl and chill until ready to dress. Crunch: 1/2 cup butter or margarine 2 tblsp sugar 1/2 cup sesame seeds 1 (3oz) pkg. slivered almonds 2 pkgs Raman noodles, crushed Saute all ingredients in melted butter over a low heat.  Stir constantly until browned.  Cool the mixture and sprinkle over salad just prior to pouring on the dressing.

Buffalo Chicken Chili

Hey Friends!! This recipe is super easy and quite good. Beware that it is a little spicy. If you like wings or anything buffalo style then you will like this. Buffalo Chicken Chili Ingredients : 2 chicken breasts (cooked & shredded or raw & whole) I used 3 total. 1/2 bottle Frank's Buffalo Sauce 1 (15.5-oz) can beans (garbanzo, black, pinto, whatever!) I used garbanzo. 1 large sweet onion, chopped 2 (15-oz) can tomato sauce (oops! I think I only used 1 can) 1 can cream-style corn 1 cup salsa 2 jalapenos, seeded and chopped I used sliced jalapenos in a jar. Directions : Dump everything into the crockpot, and stir well. Cook on low for 8-10 hours. If your chicken was raw when you put it in, take it out after about 8 hours, shred it, and then stir it back into the chili. Enjoy!